Join Our Team
Looking to save animals? You’ve come to the right place.
More Than a Job
Put your passion and skills to work for animals by joining the incredible team at Mercy For Animals. General inquiries can be emailed to Jobs@MercyForAnimals.org.
Take a look at our current openings:
Managing Director, Asia (Hong Kong, Taiwan) MFA亞洲主管（香港，臺灣)
Managing Director, Asia (Hong Kong, Taiwan) MFA亞洲主管（香港，臺灣)
Terms of Employment: Full Time, At Will
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Position Location: Position Location: Hong Kong preferred, China and Taiwan also possible
Oversee Mercy For Animals’ work in Hong Kong, China, and Taiwan by providing strategic leadership in the principal areas of fundraising, administration, investigations, corporate engagement, legal, and social impact; manage new hires and key relationships; and help implement short-term and long-range goals, plans, and policies to further the organization’s mission
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Help identify, recruit, interview, and select new team members in Hong Kong and China
- Create and build relationships with key companies, supporters, politicians, and others to grow MFA’s reach and impact
- Assist in development of operational processes and communication channels to foster and sustain strong team cohesion and high morale among all team members
- Assist with development, corporate outreach, and public policy work as needed
- Help execute any and all programs for which dedicated staff have not been hired or for which vacancies have arisen, including translation; operations and human resources; creating and sharing social media content and blogs; and meeting with lawmakers, corporate officials, and donors
- Serve as a spokesperson for MFA at press conferences, meetings, and other events
- Work closely with vice presidents, managing directors, and program heads to ensure program activities in Hong Kong, China, and Taiwan are maximally successful and culturally appropriate
- Help develop MFA’s presence in Hong Kong, China, and Taiwan with optimal tone, approach, positioning, and branding
- Provide all necessary conditions for all departments to achieve their goals in Hong Kong, China, and Taiwan
- Maintain strong working relationships with other nonprofit organizations working on farmed animal welfare and other causes related to MFA’s mission
- Identify new opportunities for program growth, including novel programming, fundraising, and partnerships in Hong Kong, China, and Taiwan
- Adhere to all human resource and administrative policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally and persuasively, both verbally and in writing
- Comfort with public speaking
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Keen judgment with respect to hiring and other decisions for MFA in Hong Kong, China, and Taiwan
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and relationships at once
- Willingness and ability to travel with great frequency
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Preferred fluency in Cantonese
- Professional appearance and adherence to a healthy vegan lifestyle
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
Other Ways to Get Involved
Join our growing network of compassionate outreach volunteers and interns.
Our Leadership Team
Changing Hearts. Changing Minds. Changing the World.
Nathan Runkle is the founder of Mercy For Animals. Raised on a farm in rural Ohio, Nathan has long had a deep connection with farmed animals. After a local farmed animal abuse case involving a piglet slammed headfirst into a concrete floor during an agricultural project at a nearby high school, Nathan founded MFA to give "food" animals a much-needed advocate in his local community.
Since founding MFA over a decade ago, Nathan has overseen the organization's growth into a leading international force in the prevention of cruelty to farmed animals and promotion of compassionate food choices and policies.
A nationally recognized speaker on animal advocacy, factory farming, and veganism, Nathan has presented at colleges, conferences, and many other forums from coast to coast.
Through his work with MFA, Nathan has been an outspoken advocate for animal rights, featured in hundreds of television, radio, and newspaper interviews, including on ABC's World News Tonight, Nightline, and 20/20, CNN, and National Public Radio, and in USA Today, The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and the Chicago Tribune.
Nathan has worked alongside elected officials, corporate executives, heads of international organizations, academics, farmers, celebrities, and film producers to pass landmark farmed animal protection legislation, raise public awareness about vegetarianism, and implement animal welfare policy changes.
VegNews magazine has recognized both MFA and Nathan for making substantial contributions to the vegetarian movement, naming Nathan one of the "25 Most Fascinating Vegetarians" and one of the country's "Top 20 Activists Under 30 Years Old," and twice naming MFA "Non-Profit of the Year." In 2009, at the age of 25, Nathan became the youngest person ever inducted into the US Animal Rights Hall of Fame.
Matt Rice, our president, works with MFA’s Investigations, Legal Advocacy, Communications, Development, and Operations departments. A former U.S. Marine, Matt now has well over a decade of experience in the animal protection movement, coordinating cutting-edge campaigns, releasing hard-hitting undercover investigations, and helping secure landmark criminal animal cruelty convictions against animal abusers.
Vandhana BalaGeneral Counsel
Vandhana Bala serves as our general counsel, working to put animal abusers behind bars. Vandhana became interested in animal rights in law school, became a vegetarian, and spent nearly a decade working at animal shelters and hospitals. Vandhana is now a committed vegan, and envisions a day when animals are viewed as more than personal property in the eyes of the law.
Jake MortonVice President of Creative
Ari SolomonVice President of Social Impact
Ari Solomon is our vice president of social impact, managing all things social media. He also serves as the liaison to celebrities involved in MFA’s campaigns. Ari is a prolific writer whose work appears regularly on The Huffington Post and has been featured in the Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, and The Advocate. Ari’s videos on veganism, including Sh*t Vegans Say, have become viral sensations, with nearly 2 million combined views.
Lindsay WolfVice President of Investigations
A former undercover investigator, Lindsay Wolf has gone behind the closed doors of factory farms, pet stores, vivisection labs, and other facilities to expose animal abuse. She is currently vice president of investigations.
Geetika SripathiVice President of Optimization
Geetika Sripathi is MFA's vice president of optimization. With a background in integrated marketing communications and digital media, Geetika applies best practices from the corporate sector to advocate for farmed animals. A lifelong vegetarian, Geetika felt compelled to go vegan after seeing shocking undercover footage of the dairy and egg industries. She lives in New York City with her rescued pup, Mookie.
Blanka AlfaroVice President, Mexico
Blanka Alfaro serves as our vice president for MFA in Mexico, creating, managing, and translating social media content and other communications for our Latin American audience. Blanka worked in graphic design and marketing before leaving the world of commercial advertising to apply her skills to helping animals.
Lucas AlvarengaVice President, Brazil
Lucas Alvarenga serves as vice president for MFA in Brazil. As a marketing professional, he was a serial entrepreneur in the digital arena. After deciding to dedicate his life to helping animals, he created Veggo.co, partnered with the Brazilian Vegetarian Society on a 21-Day Meatless Challenge, and organized Festival Veggo, the largest Brazilian vegan funfest. Lucas celebrated his 15th vegetarianism birthday by joining MFA’s team.
Robin MolerPhilanthropy Officer
Robin Moler serves as a philanthropy officer. She loves to share MFA’s impact and vision with our supporters, whose generous investments are changing the lives of millions of farmed animals. After watching footage of a brutalized pig, Robin quickly decided she could do the most good by focusing on farmed animal advocacy. That was 26 years ago and it has been her passion ever since. Her family of six includes four rescued cats and an exceedingly affectionate Chihuahua.
Kelcey Meadows-LucasPhilanthropy Officer
Kelcey Meadows-Lucas serves as philanthropy officer, helping our donors fulfill their dreams of ending farmed animal cruelty. Adopting a feisty terrier 15 years ago opened her heart to all animals. Kelcey soon became vegan and dedicated her life to helping animals. She brings more than a decade of fundraising experience to her position. Kelcey shares her home with her husband and toddler son.
John KarasPhilanthropy Officer
John Karas is our philanthropy officer for the East Coast and the South. He works with friends and supporters who wish to match their personal philanthropic goals with MFA strategic initiatives. John is a graduate student researcher of social change and brings more than a decade of development experience to his position. John and his wife are parents of three great kids and share their home with adopted cats Rico and Captain, and rescue labs Baylor and Lola.